Many of you have expressed an interest in getting involved with REGAP. We have many beautiful Greyhounds who are in desperate need of homes and much hard work is required to accomplish our goals. Hopefully, with your help we can keep our programs going strong and raise public awareness.
Listed below are areas in which volunteers are always needed. Please look them over. If you see an area where you would like to help.
- Adoption Clinics (Petco, PetSmart and various other locations)
- Greyhound Reunion Events
- Weekly transportation to and from adoption clinics
- Transportation to and from kennel
- Assisting with transports of greyhounds coming to the KC Metro area from tracks around the country
- Emergency rescue trips for 2-4 hours with little notice
- Weekday early morning or late afternoon to vet office
- Hanging posters regarding REGAP's adoption program everywhere!
- Mailings: Application packets & newsletters; REGAP info, etc.
- People who can do articles about the adoption program and greyhounds for publications
FUND RAISING EVENTS
- Dog Washes
- Give a Greyhound a Mulligan mini-golf fundraiser
- KCREGAP is a charity partner with The Hospital Hill Run (www.hospitalhillrun.com)--volunteer to walk, run, help out at our booth, or help raise money
- Visit with businesses about tax deductible donations to REGAP
- Any new and exciting fundraising ideas? Let us know!
PROVIDE REGAP INFORMATION ON:
- Special rates on services we use regularly
- Donations from corporations and companies
- Advertising discounts or freebies
PUBLIC RELATIONS (PR)
- PSA - Public Service Announcements (for TV and Radio)
- Someone who will send press releases for all our special events and fundraiser
- Ideas for media attention
- Working with media regularly to keep our name in front of the public
- Producing a PSA (Public Service Video for local TV stations)
- Organize and coordinate a fund raising event
- We need volunteers who can help write articles for the REGAP quarterly newsletter
- Helping with very short notice getting printed material, like the newsletter and other special notices, ready for mailing
- Informal walks at various parks to get more exposure
- Walking the greyhounds who are at the kennel waiting for adoption
- Help with making REGAP phone calls for events
- Fostering greyhounds in your home (for our special need dogs)
- Assist in bathing Greyhounds at the REGAP kennel
These are just some of the ideas and areas where REGAP need help. We also encourage any suggestions you may have in any of the areas listed above.
Please take a few minutes to fill out our volunteer questionnaire to let us know how you would be able to help the greys.
Please help us help the greyhounds!
To volunteer, please contact us at: