Originally founded in 1990, Kansas City Retired Greyhounds as Pets (KCREGAP) is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year! In honor of this milestone, we’re setting our sights high so that we can find homes for more of our beloved greys this year than ever before….We’ve recently been challenged with retirees with major health problems, Chief & Dexter with broken legs with one more broken leg baby joining us soon, as well as Dasher with multiple maladies. To our organization, they all have names and personalities and are worth our best effort to rehabilitate and find them their forever homes!
This July, in an effort to celebrate our anniversary, raise additional funds for health expenses, and broaden our main fundraising event to all our supporters, we’re announcing the Inaugural Bow-wow-a-thon.
Save the Date:
- Wednesday, July 15th Call-a-Thon – 6:30-8:30pm -Starbucks 6555 W 119th St
Overland Park, KS 66209 (119th & east of Metcalf) – NEED VOLUNTEERS – bring your own phone,
we’ll supply a script and list of names. Members, please answer the phone and give!
- Thursday, July 16th Call-a-Thon – 6:30-8:30pm – Panera Bread, 6145 NW Barry Rd, Kansas City, Mo 64154 (I-29 & NW Barry Rd by Zona Rosa) -NEED VOLUNTEERS – bring your own phone, we’ll supply a script and list of names. Members, please answer the phone and give!
- Saturday, July 25th Volunteer Appreciation Potluck – 6:00-9:00pm – Attendance at one of the Call-a-Thons, submission of a pledge sheet, and/or a donation will gain you & your pups free admission to a fun-filled evening at the Oak Shelter in Black Hoof Park at 9053 Monticello Road (93rd & Monticello), Lenexa, KS. Bring your pups (w/muzzles & dog waste bags please), potluck dish & place settings.
BBQ & Beer Provided.
How can you help?
- Donate by visiting kcregap.org, sending a donation, or by pledging when called! Here is the link to the pledge sheet: Bow-Wow-A-Thon Donation Sheet
- Attend one of the Call-a-thons and cheer each other on to obtain pledges.
- Ask your friends and family to donate and bring the pledge sheet w/donations on the 25th!
- Call Lisa Wilson at (913)638-6097 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to help staff one of the events or sign up on http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0a4badaf2eaa8-2015/. If you wish to be on REGAP’s DoNotCall list, please send your preference to email@example.com.
It is KCREGAP’s mission to fund veterinarian and placement services for retired racing greyhounds in the Kansas City community, and we have successfully placed thousands of animals over the years. In the last few years, we’ve introduced several new and exciting events, such as Greyheart, Paws & Pancakes, and now the Bow-wow-a-thon to the list. We hope that you will be able to take part in one or more of the many exciting events that we are offering this year and experience firsthand the pride and effort we expend to support the pups.